GET A FREE ESTIMATE NOW!
Advantages of caulking the EXTERIOR of your property?
Ottawa weather can be harsh. The GTA regularly sees cold weather, floods, storms, and even tornados and earthquakes! This is why exterior window and trim caulking is one of the most important things to consider when painting or repairing the interior or exterior of your home.
Here are some of the benefits of re-caulking your windows and doors when completing other renovations:
why you should consider caulking your doors and windows?
Keep the Water and Weather Out
- Caulking seals up any gaps or cracks between the wall and your windows or doors. Small cracks can appear due to natural weathering, or even just the house settling.
- Many Ottawa homes are older and need preventative maintenance. These cracks might start small, but they can cause big problems later on.
- Sealing your windows and doors prevents water from penetrating into the walls or the inside of the house, which can cause flooding, moisture build-up, and mold.
- You always want your home looking great. Peeling or flaking caulking looks like a problem waiting to happen. Punch up your curb appeal and your home’s external appearance by repairing and replacing your existing caulking
keep your money in
Repairing water damage from storms and floods is one of our most common calls here at Home Painters Ottawa. Professionally caulked and sealed windows and doors can prevents or reduce the impact of leaks, saving you money on costly repairs.
- Caulking can also help lower your heating and cooling costs. You don’t want your air conditioner working overtime in the summer if properly caulking your windows can keep that cool air inside where it belongs.
- Caulk can protect your overall investment and extend the life of your home.
HOME PAINTERS OTTAWA’S EXTERIOR PAINTING SERVICE:
Even 30 years after our beginnings, exterior painting is still at the heart of our product line. In addition, we have expanded our exterior services to include:
- Stucco Siding Painting
- Wood Siding Painting
- Vinyl Siding Painting
- Exterior Brick Painting
- Wood, Vinyl, and Aluminum Window Trim Painting
- Aluminum Siding Painting
- Wood and Cedar Shingles Staining and Painting
- Wood trim and Doors Painting
- Exterior Brick Staining
- Porch Painting
- Deck and Fence Staining and Painting
- Front Oak Door Refurbishing and Staining
- Wrought Iron Railing and Fence Painting
- Professional Industrial Caulking
Where can we use caulking?
Caulking is most commonly applied around windows and door, but it can also be used to finish and seal other parts of the exterior of your home:
- concrete slabs
- roof flashing
- aluminum siding and trim
- vinyl siding and trim
- and anywhere else you’re worried about weather!
HOW DO WE CAULK?
There are several types of caulking on the market, and we recommend only using the best. Mono, Dymeric, Dap, and Dow Corning are all quality caulking brands that we use, depending on the circumstance and budget. There are several different levels of caulking. What we recommend always depends on your needs and budget. We want our customers to get the right advice for their situation.
Here are the two most popular means of applying exterior caulking:
- We completely remove the existing caulking, insulate, and then re-caulk the entire window or door.
- This means scraping and chiselling out all the existing caulking, then filling the gap with foam insulation. To finish, we run a new bead of high quality industrial caulking across the gap to seal the entire area.
- This is more expensive, but at the same time is the most thorough method of external caulking.
- Simply fill in all the existing gaps with new high-quality Dap or Mono caulking.
- We clear away the loose debris before we start, but if the caulking is old, weak, and brittle it is always better to remove it before applying new caulk.
- This is the less expensive option, and we always recommend going with Option 1 because it provides a better seal. However, if you’re worried about your budget, sometimes this method works just as well.
Here is what to do when you are ready to CAULK the exterior of your home:
Contact us and ask for a free quote! The exterior painting season is very short in Ontario and you can’t afford to waste valuable time. We have the fastest response service in the business!
Our exterior painting expert will arrive on-site and give you a needs-and-expectations assessment, a professional colour consultation, and a detailed estimate on what you want painted.
We will book the job with you and set up an ideal start date, help you pick the right colours based on your needs, charge your deposit, and confirm any other exterior scope details just to make sure we are all on the same page.
We will show up on time on the first day of the job and do a walkthrough with you to double-check that we understand your needs. Then, we’ll set out an action plan and get started on your exterior painting project pronto!
We begin by tackling the areas that need tending to. We will cover your yard in drop sheets to protect it from accidental spills and splatters and then start on the most important part of exterior painting: the preparation. We will diligently scrape, sand, caulk, fill, and prime any areas that are in need and then finish off with two coats of fresh paint.
Communication is crucial, so we’ll be sure to give you regular updates throughout the process to keep you informed.
Once we are finished painting, we will clean up the worksite and ensure that we leave it as clean as when we first found it! Then, we will do a final walkthrough with you (as long as you’re home) to make sure that you are happy with the job before we consider it complete. If you happen to be out, we will follow-up with you later on. We are not satisfied until you are satisfied!
We don’t process your final payment until you tell us that you’re completely happy with our work. To prove that we are 100% confident in our ability to take care of you, we offer a two-year warranty on all of our exterior services.
If you want to transform the exterior of your dream home, call or email us! We are waiting to talk to you and make your dream a reality.
Home Painters Ottawa Founder
Hi, I’m Brian Young, the founder and owner of Home Painters Ottawa. I’d like to personally welcome you to our site.
Being in the business for 25+ years I have had the privilege of working with thousands of clients. Although they all came from different circumstances and backgrounds they all had one common goal in mind. Every one of them wanted to be respected, receive top value for their money, and get the best possible paint job for their most prized possession, their house!
READ MORE ABOUT HOME PAINTERS