Rank a Canadian paint contractor – Renovating your home can be an exciting experience, but you never want to rush when it comes to hiring a painter for your property. The crew that enters your home should be experienced professionals, and well-regarded in their field. Don’t just settle on the first one you find; this is your property and it deserves the very best.
Your hunt for a reputable painting contractor company starts with knowing what to look for. It’s more than just whether they’re good at painting, but if they’re a well-managed business or not.
Hire a Professional Painting Contractor After Answering These Questions
- Do you have a Written Warranty? – A good warranty should last at least a year, and should also be in writing on the contract being signed.
- Do you have a Clearance Certificate from the Workers Safety Insurance Board (WSIB)? – Every painter working in your home should be covered by WSIB, which frees you from any liability should they be injured while working on your property.
- Are you covered by Liability Insurance? – Any Canadian paint contractor you hire should have liability insurance of at least $1 million. This is essential when the size of the painting job is lesser in value to what could be damaged.
- How many Years in Business for your company? – Be on the lookout for any professional house painter contractor with a minimum of 5 years in the business. 10 years or more is preferable, though.
- Do you have any References? – Clients who the painting contractor has served in the past year are great references, but you also want to look for clients from up to 5 years in the past. Take note of whether they have any well-regarded industry connections.
- Do you require Criminal Background Checks for all painters? – Why run the risk of having strangers with criminal records in or around your home? Ask to see proof that all crews assigned to your project have been adequately checked out.
- Can you show me a Portfolio of past projects? – The best portfolios are made up of Before & After photos that you can look through, providing an excellent glimpse at the work they could do in your home.
Ask these important questions about a Painting Contractor Company as well
- What’s the location of your Local Business Address? – Don’t be satisfied with just a phone number and business card as contact information. Lacking a local business address is suspicious at best, as it begs the question of where they work from.
- What are my project’s Start and Finish Times? – You have a timeline that you need to stick to, and a reliable painting contractor will let you know when they plan on completing your job.
- Can you tell me the Quality of Materials that will be used? – As already mentioned, you want what’s best for your home, and that includes the materials. Ask about the brand, quality, and if the paint is low in VOC (Volatile Organic Compounds), questions any expert should be able to answer immediately.
Ask more questions from your Canadian paint contractor
Getting these 10 questions answered is an essential first step to hiring a painter. Why not call (613) 699 6062 to try them on Home Painters Ottawa? We would love to hear from you and let us be the Professional Painting Contractor you trust!
Reviewed by on
Rating: out of