Read if interested in getting Cheap Paint Prices – You want to get your home painting project taken care of, but you also don’t want to break the bank. Price shouldn’t be the most important factor, but for most people it can’t be ignored. There are many ways that a painting quote can be affected, either to raise or lower the price, and we want to share them with you! Read our 7 tips on what you can do to get cheapest paint prices from your painting contractor!
Important Tips To Achieve Cheap House Painting Prices
- Timing Flexibility – Not every project will have a deadline, and if yours is one of them talk to your painter about scheduling the job themselves. They may have gaps in their schedule due to sudden cancellations, and they would be more than happy to handle your job in that time slot. Remember that it’s all about making the job easier for them that helps you get cheap paint prices!
- Empty the House (Or Just Move the Furniture) – An empty house is easiest when it comes to interior painting, but if you can’t do that then at least offer to move all furniture to the middle of the room. This will cut down on the labour the crew would have to do otherwise, and your painter will be grateful for your help. You should also look into removing light switch covers and wall plates as this will need to be done as well.
- Let the Painter Choose the Paint Brand (As Long as It’s Top Quality) – You may already have a paint brand in mind, but your painter may in turn have a discount with a specific paint manufacturer. In this case it’s best to simply let them choose the materials needed, provided that they’re of a high quality.If you’ve already chosen a paint colour simply ask them to colour-match it, as this proves little to no challenge for most paint manufacturers.
- Payment Flexibility – Find out your painter’s preferred method of payment, whether it be by cheque or a specific credit card. Once again, it’s all about accommodating them, and making their job effortless to the point where they feel compelled to lower your price.If they didn’t ask for a deposit, offering to put one down will also help to establish a good relationship with them moving forward.
- Bargain By Getting Multiple Quotes (Or Promising to) – It’s typical to get more than one quote for any job, and you can actually use the lower amounts to get the higher ones to drop a little. Another way of bargaining is telling a painter you really like that you won’t look for others if they can find a price you both agree on. This method works a lot, trust us!
Two More Effective Tips To Achieve Cheap Paint Prices
- Painting More Can Be More Cost-Effective – In the same way that it’s cheaper to get a larger popcorn size than several smaller bags, adding more rooms onto a painting project will cost less than quoting several areas separately. The takeaway here is to try packaging your various projects together in a way that will actually save you money in the long run.
- Ask As a Last Resort! – At the end of the day your painter is just another person who’s trying to make ends meet. At the same time, you only have so much that you can afford to spend. Be open, straightforward, and honest with them and tell them what you can and cannot work with. Above all else, be polite, as you will not be able to bully most people into changing their minds. With this kind of communication you should be able to come across a solution that makes you both happy in the long run.
Do you want to get cheapest paint prices for your house?
Thank you so much for reading these tips, and we hope that they work for you! Feel free to call Home Painters Ottawa at (613) 699 6062 to get a quick quote and cheap house painting prices!
Reviewed by on
Rating: out of